Who created the Universe?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by giantzfan53, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

The bible is like the internet,

You can choose to believe everyword it says and (in my opinion) your a fool. ( in Both Internet + Bible)

You can choose to believe some of it that is backed up by facts and (slightly) possible, This is the most chosen option.

You can choose to believe none of it, once again your a fool there are many different People who have proven some of the stories in the bible.

2. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gotta love the discussion this topic brings forth on forums

3. limilim

limilim Active Member

How would anybody know when it was made. Lets just say my name is jesus and I lived way back then. I would love to write a book that would have people worshiping me for the next 1,000 years.

4. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

A lot of the stories in the bible are possibly parables or expressions, like man made from sand, or woman made from man's rib.

Because the bible existed before Jesus. And yes there is definite proof of that.

5. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Welshdrag: DUH.

6. limilim

limilim Active Member

Well that you cant touch god so therefore nobody could ever battle him!

7. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Viper what reason do you believe that God Does not act in our modern world?

For example some people say he leaves us to deal with our own problems?

8. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

He means that fighting God's creations is fighting God himself. Like destroying your stuff is a way of fighting you.

When did I say that?

9. Corran

Corran Active Member

K. (lol, use google.)

-Pictures taken from satellites show the earth as a sphere. People have sailed around the earth, not fallen off it.

-Some elements decay at 'x' rate. some elements have some rediculous half-lives (billions of years.) Those have decayed half way.

- It is impossible to know where the center of the universe is, as the universe is rapidly expanding. (Also the that there is a distance which we cannot see past because light would take an enourmous amount of time to reach earth. Longer than the expected or possible "life" of the human civilization)

10. limilim

limilim Active Member

Also it begs the questions why would god create the devil? Was he bored or something.

11. Corran

Corran Active Member

Why would God create problems? Why would God create evil? Why would God create an imperfect world?

EDIT : What limlim said. The devil supposedly turned against God? If God was omnipotent, we would already know.

12. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

Dude it doesn't say any of that in the Bible. Are you confusing this with something else? This was the scientific believe, not a religious belief.

13. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Never i was just asking what you believed?

Why does god not help starving people in africe? Why does he not smite murderers etc.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Maybe he was bored and thought, hey let's watch these people suffer

14. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

I believe it's a test of faith, and that once you die he will repay you for your suffering and faith. (Considering you did not murder or anything like that)

EDIT: Taken from a website

Suffering and death are a side effect of evil (Romans 5:12). God says in His Bible that this side effect is only for a time. Evil serves the limited purpose of establishing real love relationships between creation and the Creator, and evil will be done away with after that purpose is achieved.

15. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I lol'd. The devil was an angel at first who got bored, went emo and went BAWWWW when he didn't get what he wanted so he got some other angels to rally up against God and God cast them out of heaven.

16. limilim

limilim Active Member

Or god is really the devil! Just think of it, he enjoys watching people live their unimportant lives. Never accomplishing anything. And when he's down with all of us he destroys us. And moves on to a next planet.

17. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

If you haven't already, I edited that last comment.

"Suffering and death are a side effect of evil (Romans 5:12). God says in His Bible that this side effect is only for a time. Evil serves the limited purpose of establishing real love relationships between creation and the Creator, and evil will be done away with after that purpose is achieved."

18. Corran

Corran Active Member

So by quoting the Bible, you're saying that evil will be gone because the bible says so?

lol, circular logic.

19. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

- People didn't know better at the time, the Bible was written by humans, not by God.

- Earth was there before God. It was just a barren wasteland with nothing but water (kinda like Waterworld)

- Exactly.

20. limilim

limilim Active Member

What will happen to the nukes if evil is gone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.