For those in the US

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spike111339, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike111339

Spike111339 Late '07 Vet

We will never forget.

2. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

God bless the innocent people who died at the bombings of 9-11 8 years ago.

3. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

I did a 1 minute silence today in honour of 9-11.

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

9/11?

5. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

God Bless the lives lost.

(And I love how there was a scare near the pentagon during a Coast Guard training exercise)

6. limilim

limilim Active Member

Forget what?

7. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

8. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Almost lost a friend that day, he was in the first bombing too, and guess who he worked for...the Lehman brothers.

9. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

WOW SEPT 11! IT COMES RIGHT AFTER SEPT 10!

10. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

Cpf, Teddi, or anybody who doesn't live in the U.S. or know about 9/11: 9/11 is the day that terrorists bombed the World Trade Center, Twin Towers, and the Pentagon I believe (All major USA buildings). This is why terrorism is so strict in the U.S. now.

11. limilim

limilim Active Member

At least they didn't burn down the White House thanks a lot Blackdog and Biff

12. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

They tried crashing a plane into the White House, But the passengers on that plane took the plane down in Pennsylvania, Killing themselves. R.I.P.

13. Teddi

We know about it, but frankly we dont care. Planes flew into buildings, people died. People die all the time. We don't hold vigils for the deaths that occured with the london bus bombings / tube bombings. We just say K, it happened, now lets kick ass and chew bubblegum.

14. limilim

limilim Active Member

Its true Britain gets attacked like every month XD

15. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Yea but nearly 3,000 people don't die in your "bus bombings", two monstrous skyscrapers crumble and a government military installation partially destroyed and another one was at threat (the equivalent of someone crashing a plane into the Buckingham palace). What Britain has happening is nothing compared to 9/11. Not to mention bullshit coverups up the fucking ass, raise in taxes, massive loss of jobs, etc.

16. Teddi

No, we just have regular riots in random places, random murders and shankings. We've been bombed before, and again and again. Sure, innocent people shouldn't have died, but that's life. We have some of the stupidest taxes ever, corruption is afloat (see recent news: Ministers claiming money back on stupid things such as meals, swimming pools etc, and the Phoenix Four).

We had a massive loss of jobs, everyone did. Everyone had a raise in taxes. Hell, we even just released the lockerbie bombing, shows that in the end, it's not worth refusing to play just because something in the past happened.

17. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

We will never forget.

18. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

19. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

Umm, I don't live under a rock. I kinda know what happened. More people die in house fires, or homelessness, or of car incidents, or the common flu than died in 9/11. Not saying that those 3000something people didn't matter, but we've got bigger issues we need to be focussing on (poverty on our own streets, anyone?)

20. TopgunZX

TopgunZX iYo vivo en el Internet!

Yes, that was a very, very sad day. Luckly i didn't loose any loved ones or friends, but i did loose quite a bit of money due to the large temporary economic downturn after that. God bless all those Firefighters who saved many lives as they could have that day, as well as the families that lost any loved ones.

That terroist attack changed the Untied states for ever. And fuck who ever did it, cuz now it takes like 2 hours to go through fucking security at the damn airport.

"Sir please remove your shoes"...
    "Sir, please remove your belt buckle when going through the metal detector"...
    "Sir, I'm going to have to check your carry on bag"...
    "Sir, I'm gonna have to scan you with my wand"
    "Sir, These nail clippers are illegal on the plane, we will have to take that from you and sell them at an auction for 15 sents"..
    "Sir, we no longer have metal forks and knives abord the plane, please enjoy your pretzel sack, and your gin and tonic"....
    "No sir, we do not sell yagermeister (or Jagermeister, i forgot how it's spelled) abord this aircraft"...
    "Sir, we no longer serve meals abord the aircraft, i hope you brought your own meal for this 16 hour flight, if not, we have more pretzel sacks" .....
    "Sir, welcome to France, pleae step aside for security".... then repeat all over again!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.