For those in the US

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spike111339, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

So that would make it okay for you, to come in here, and just simply call it something to forget about? Sure I see you're in England, I get that, this happens "all the time" there. We're in the US, it DOESN'T happen all the time here.

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It's part of life, it's always happening, just you ignore it until it happens to yourselves.

3. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Or we can remember the people who died to the hands of terrorists (2,994 in a matter of HOURS). Which is how most of us will go about it for some time.

4. Teddi

Or we can remember that half the world is starving and prolly at least one dying each second. Yep, our hands are killing them. We're the terrorists because we don't feed them. How do you feel now?

5. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

We aren't terrorist's for not feeding them, we did not take their food away, we've attempted to help them and it's obvious we can not.

6. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

7. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

[​IMG]

All bono's fault

8. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

I actually thought a lot more then 3000 people died, that's like not much at all compared to other things.

9. Teddi

Nono, we just have insane loans on them. Totally not murdering them because they can't afford to buy food right?

10. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

You're obviously failing to see the point in WE'VE TRIED to do something about it, in fact there are STILL organizations trying to help. But hey, if you wanna spew world hunger and go off topic then start another thread, as this is about 9/11, not an unfortunate country who has problems with feeding their people which in its own is a serious thing.

11. Teddi

You're missing my point. My point was never that OMG WE'RE KILLING THE WORLD WITH WORLD HUNGER, my point is, is that you're saying they were killed by terrorists and because of that, it's so evil and bad. I'm pointing out we're terrorists for doing the same thing. And if you want a side by side comparason;

Still failing to counter "The war on terrorism", all the organisations are STILL trying to help, you've TRIED to counter but still failed.

You cannot say that it's so bad simply because terrorists killed them. Yes, a life is a life and thus shouldn't be lost, however it's life, you're still grieving over something that happened, that you had no control over and was pretty much allowed to happen. It should be a day of shame, not a day of mourning.

12. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

I'm saying it's bad because 3,000 people died in a matter of hours to the hands of some extremists who thought they were doing their religion justice. You've stated tons of times, and I understand that, people die all the time. But not 3,000 in 4 hours, that's how we're looking at it differently.

I don't think it should be a day of shame simply for the fact they got on the planes, it should be more of a day of mourning for the losses of people just going to work and doing their job, and yet a sense of pride for the firefighters and all rescue crews who risked their lives, and some lost, to help as many as they could.

Also, comparing the world hunger crisis to planes crashing into buildings is a bad comparison for future reference.

13. Dan

Dan Active Member

They blew up the towers to put their religion in a place of power for a few minutes. We represent everything evil to them, only they are insan and hijacked the Muslim religion of peace to justify themsevles.

14. Teddi

So then what is America doing in countries pressing forth their views and religious beliefs? So that is Justice I see. And go look at statistics of how often a person dies of hunger. Innocent people came, did their job and the government pretty much shit on them all, just like they shat on you. You're saying that the fact your entire defense was held back and only allowed to react at the last second, is pride? Stop blinding yourself with being such a patriot, and learn to accept that they died, so what, that's life. Boo hoo.

As I think I said before (My internet keeps cutting out so I write this while it's offline), the Lockerbie bombing. It was Scotlands choice to release him (the only bomber to be convicted) and why is the US upset about it? Because he killed a few people on that plane that were American. The rest were scottish, English and whatever, yet you don't see us Q.Qing and holding vigils saying OH GOD EXTREMISM WE MUST GO TO WAR ON LIBYA.

It's not a bad reference. Pair them up and you see the similarities.

15. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Oh, wow this is getting pretty heated... Can't we just call it bad, and get on with life?

16. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Where did I say our defenses were held back? Rescue crews are not a defense, a defense would the F-16s that were not given the go to shoot down the 2nd plane that hit the Trade Center. Our defensive forces don't have a choice of their own, in the event of a hijacking they deploy F-16s and those F-16s have to await the go-ahead to shoot down the plane.

I'm hardly a damn patriot, I don't agree with a lot of things our government says or does and I sure as hell don't agree with this war on terror.

And yes, I'll let Teddi get in what he wants to say then stop :p

17. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

[youtube]0QCuqSFenqA[/youtube]

18. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

This thread isn't over until i say it's over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.